Therapeutic Solutions (Addictions) is a research-based expert grouping funded by ex-substance misuse service users who are currently in recovery. The objective is to enhance the effectiveness of substance misuse services through innovation, science and training. We aim to offer the addictions sector free access to the latest thinking to support clients in recovery. We provide support for clients’ recovery journeys through the use of node-link mapping and other techniques such as alcohol brief interventions and telephone-based counselling.
Our expert team of clinicians and researchers have also enhanced the scientific evidence-base in the substance misuse sector through published policy analysis and research on behalf of government departments and strategic bodies.
We have been developing cutting-edge research understanding the nature of organisational factors and their relationship to treatment outcomes. We have also undertaken bespoke strategic and operational needs assessments in both the community and criminal justice sectors.
Therapeutic Solutions (Addictions) aims to provide services to help substance misuse treatment providers and strategic leads to:
- Provide cost-effective interventions to show evidence for recovery
- Calibrate clients’ needs to services
- Review and design an effective treatment system and processes
- Understand the role organisational climate has in the functioning of treatment services
- Model outcomes to support payment by results
- Diagnose performance issues using National Drug Treatment Monitoring System (NDTMS) data